Cafe Pets

Cafe Pets is my Cafe Press shop, specializing in cat, dog, horse and other animal t-shirts and gifts. My shop contains hundreds of pet designs on dozens of products to wear or decorate your home, office or car. Great gear and gifts for men, women, teens, kids and even babies can be found at Cafe Pets.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Half Geek, Half Nerd

Ever since I was a little kid I've been fascinated by two things: animals and "how-things-work." When I was a child you could usually find me either outdoors tracking or watching animals or indoors taking some mechanical device apart. This might explain why even though my college degree is in biology I've spent most of my career working with computers in such varied jobs as systems administrator, office automation analyst and process-workflow administrator.

It was loads of fun for me to build Yuckles, my first web site, in 1999. After that I couldn't stop making web sites and eventually I quit my "real" job and became a full-time, work-at-home, self-employed webmaster.

I started fiddling around with CafePress in 2003 but it wasn't until 2006 that I became serious about making my own t-shirt and gift shop. I named it Cafe Pets and it mostly contains animal designs although there are also some food themed designs and a few odds and bods.

In the coming weeks I hope to share more about my experiences working with animals and being a webmaster. Even though I work at home running my web sites and CafePress shop I still find time each week to volunteer at a local science museum where I help take care of the animals and do education programs for the public.

Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home